Xorg version

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jul 29 22:03:16 PDT 2009

> Guy Dalziel wrote these words on 07/29/09 16:31 CST:
>
>> The reason I ask is because I didn't find 7.4 incredibly stable. I've
>> built X exactly as specified before and it crashed when I loaded it up.
>> Xorg server 1.6, however - or pre-7.5, rather - was very stable, and
>> worked as advertised.
>
> Well, Dan had a real good handle on X, as does D.J. We'll have to hope
> D.J. can provide you some answers to your instability. We've really had
> no reports of instability that I can remember.

Honestly, the only thing I can recall being a real problem is the hal
input patch for 1.5.3 (and old hal that didn't account for new udev).
Video drivers need updated, but other than that, I'd say we are pretty
good.  Soon as I get TB built, I can send in that patch, or just search
for it in the archives.  It was sent to the list by Dan quite a while ago
(sorry, don't even have a rough idea on the date).

-- DJ Lucas