Xorg version

Guy Dalziel krendoshazin at dementedfury.org
Wed Jul 29 15:35:57 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 05:13:22PM -0500, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> I'm confused. How can you say X has not been touched in years?

I didn't say X hasn't been touched in years, I said most of it hasn't.
You simply have to take a look at the dates in the ftp. The protos get
updated quite often, but a lot of them are from 2006; many of the
libraries are from 2007; fonts, util, and data are majoratively from 2006;
the applications are mostly 2006/2007; the drivers are pretty active,
but the most active of all is xorg-server. You have to look at all the
modules as a whole rather than focus on the bits that have been updated.
What is updated is mostly core stuff.