Xorg version

Guy Dalziel krendoshazin at dementedfury.org
Wed Jul 29 15:00:55 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 04:43:51PM -0500, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> That is how I thought you got in trouble. At least that is what I
> remember Dan and D.J. always saying.

Most of the stuff in X hasn't been touched in years, so you're not
really dealing with anything too unpredictable. The recent stuff always
works best with the other recent stuff, and if it complains anywhere
it's usually at compile time. If it compiles and starts up then it's
usually ok. I've compiled X so many times that I practically know the
entire thing off my heart, and I'm not afraid to compile X 10 times just
to find something that works properly. I think my record so far is 5
times in a row.