Xorg version

Guy Dalziel krendoshazin at dementedfury.org
Wed Jul 29 14:31:05 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 04:21:10PM -0500, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Well, seeing how the book is at 7.4 and that is the latest release you
> can get ( http://www.x.org/wiki/ ) and there is nothing slated in the
> 7.5 release schedule, I'd say we're going to use 7.4. :-)

The reason I ask is because I didn't find 7.4 incredibly stable. I've
built X exactly as specified before and it crashed when I loaded it up.
Xorg server 1.6, however - or pre-7.5, rather - was very stable, and
worked as advertised. To be honest I didn't even realise that Xorg
bothered with "releases" anymore, I figured you just grab the latest of
everything and hope it works.