proposal (and an important message)

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jul 26 14:14:40 PDT 2009

Matthew Burgess wrote these words on 07/26/09 15:47 CST:

> And I probably have never used them!  Anyway, now that my main barrier to entry of
> "make sure all dependant packages work following a package update" has been lifted,
> I may well go all gung-ho following LFS-6.5-RC2 and start actually (ab)using my
> commit privs :-)  I'm also willing, of course, to revert any of my updates that
> cause breakage, or investigate any issues they cause.

Yeah, don't worry if Berkeley breaks LDAP, or if dbus breaks HAL, we'll
address it and fix it.

However, please try to install as many dependencies of the package
you are updating as possible. At least common and/or important and/or
ones you think most folks will install.

That way, we'll know those dependencies don't break the original
package. Hope this makes sense to everyone. If not, let me know and
I'll try to clarify.

--
Randy

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.25] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
16:07:01 up 20 days, 4:35, 1 user, load average: 1.49, 0.99, 0.55