Annotating LFS-6.5 compatibility

Guy Dalziel krendoshazin at dementedfury.org
Sat Jul 25 14:52:54 PDT 2009

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 04:16:03PM -0500, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> >      &lfs65check;
> >
> >      <bridgehead renderas="sect3">Package Information</bridgehead>
>
> Good plan. Only thing I might do different is find a better name for the
> entity. This might be something we want to do for 7.0 as well.

I would probably go with a slightly unique name. If we want to say,
"this was checked against 6.5", and later on say, "this was checked
against 7.0", then we can't just change the value of the entity as all
the pages would then say that they've been checked against 7.0. What if
the entity contains the text, "This page was last checked against LFS",
and the page itself contains the value, for example, '&lastchecked; 6.5'.
That's just an idea of course. You can either have unique values
(&checked65; &checked70;); you could have the same value for all the
pages (&lastchecked;), and remove it from all the pages for reinsertion;
or you can make the entity static and put the value on the page.