Annotating LFS-6.5 compatibility

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jul 25 12:22:18 PDT 2009

Hi all,

After thinking about this, and due to the community's desire to see
something about this, I am proposing the following:

As BLFS packages are built on top of an LFS-6.5 system, insert the
following between the description of the package and the sect3 "Package
Information".

<para>This package is known to build and work properly using an LFS-6.5 platform.</para>

Put appropriate blank lines as needed.

As most of you have mentioned, this clearly identifies to the reader that
the package is current, and known to work.

We can change the text if someone can think of a better statement, but
once we start, it must be the same exact text in every single package.
That way, once we go to release a BLFS-6.5, I can run a global sed and
remove all the statements.

Sound agreeable?

--
Randy

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.25] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
14:13:00 up 19 days, 2:41, 1 user, load average: 0.03, 0.07, 0.03