berkeley db

Guy Dalziel krendoshazin at dementedfury.org
Fri Jul 24 04:58:05 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 01:45:58PM +0200, Tobias Gasser wrote:
> i've running a system with db 4.7.25 and openldap 2.4.16 for about 4
> weeks without any issues.

Thank you for the information, I'm sure that will help. However, the
problem is a lot of programs compile against Berkeley DB and we must
check them all. A quick grep of the book shows programs such as PHP,
Python, Ruby, Subversion, and some KDE and GNOME stuff. The more popular a
dependency the harder it is to upgrade, so I hope you'll forgive if we
tread a little cautiously around this.