[BLFS Trac] #2873: XZ-Utils

William Immendorf will.immendorf at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 15:12:46 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 1:43 PM, BLFS Trac<trac at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>  When this package becomes stable, BLFS will consider putting it in the
>  book. For now, the current LZMA-Utils that is in the book will have to
>  do.
Y'know, this is the same issue with speex. It's a beta/RC version, but
many distros are using it, and it's usable enough for our puporces.
See, we once had to use Util-Linux-NG 2.16 Rc2, why not with XZ and
Speex?

Also, GNU is using XZ archives now, and I prefer them over the old
gz/bz2 format. Also, expect me to send files compressed in xz soon.

William