libbonobo-2.18.0 errors

Guy Dalziel krendoshazin at dementedfury.org
Mon Jul 20 09:53:15 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 09:37:06AM -0700, Craig Jackson wrote:
> Reporting bugs against BLFS-SVN still has value for the
> LFS-6.5/BLFS-6.5 releases, correct?

LFS 6.4 and 6.5 use completely different GCC versions. When we compile
things in BLFS we are validating that software X will compile under X
conditions. If the said piece of software does not work under 6.4 and
we're supporting 6.5, then it doesn't tell us anything, it only gives
cause to check whether or not it works under 6.5 and deal with it
accordingly. The version which fixes the reported flaw may very well
fail under GCC 4.4.0, and that is why I suggested that you should use
6.5. If a piece of software works, for example, under 6.5 but not under
6.4, then we're not going to change the book as we're supporting 6.5.