RFC: BLFS-6.4

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 18:21:15 PDT 2009

Agathoklis D. Hatzimanikas wrote:

> Anyway, branching for 6.4 is the only sensible thing we can do for now,
> if we don't want to give up or don't want to spread "if" statements all
> around the Book instructions, depending either on the gcc version or in
> the /etc/lfs-release.

I don't particularly like the idea of multiple branches.  I think it would be
more work as the branch and trunk would both have to be changed.

I also don't want to take the time right now to address git.  svn seems to be OK
  when all the activity is on the trunk as it is.

After LFS-6.5 is released, I have the intention to start upgrading packages on
BLFS based on a 6.5 base system.