LFS-6.5-RC1 released

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jul 18 12:44:57 PDT 2009

Ken Moffat wrote these words on 07/18/09 11:20 CST:
>  So, if BLFS-dev has to be suitable for LFS-6.5 then I am
> ruled out of it until the autumn.

Don't worry about that Ken. To be honest, I don't think we have the
manpower to get a BLFS release out the door regardless what target
environment we shoot for. BLFS may have simply grown out of our ability
to keep releases coming.

Such is life, I suppose. I don't like it, but there's nothing I can do
about it. There was a time in my life I could devote 8 hours a day to
BLFS (and enjoyed it, as well), but those days are gone for me.

Perhaps it is time to simply bite the bullet and put what we have out
on a Wiki and let anyone and everyone contribute. Or just point
everyone over to CBLFS.

Isn't a 32bit platform becoming almost obsolete anyway?

Suggestions welcome.

--
Randy

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.25] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
14:40:00 up 12 days, 3:08, 1 user, load average: 0.07, 0.02, 0.00