LFS-6.5-RC1 released

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jul 18 10:28:06 PDT 2009

Randy McMurchy wrote these words on 07/18/09 12:02 CST:
> krendoshazin at dementedfury.org wrote these words on 07/18/09 11:14 CST:
>> I think the nature of SVN versions is that it's constantly changing. I've
>> always been under the assumption that BLFS-SVN builds according to
>> LFS-SVN, rather than building against a specific version.
>
> No, it has never been that way. And I cannot see it every being that way.

Clarification: Once upon a time, there were instances when the BLFS
version matched the LFS version. Then, yes, BLFS SVN targets LFS SVN.
But as soon as LFS cuts a new version, the BLFS target moves to that
current LFS version.

This has been procedure since day 1.

Unfortunately, BLFS just can't keep up. This is the first time I can
think of that LFS is 2 releases ahead of BLFS.

--
Randy

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.25] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
12:25:00 up 12 days, 53 min, 1 user, load average: 0.40, 0.59, 0.43