LFS-6.5-RC1 released

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 18 09:20:20 PDT 2009

> I cannot see us trying to focus our energy to support a version of LFS
> that is soon to be obsolete. Does anyone disagree with this?

 Well, I have a 6.4 desktop which I'm intending to keep for a year or so,
(the 2.6.27 kernel is slated for long-term support) but until later in the
year I'm unwilling to commit to spending time on the book.  Might do
a few bits and pieces, might not - depends how real life turns out.

 OTOH, I don't have any gcc-4.4 systems, and building one will
definitely not be a priority - I need to update my own desktop, and
I figure that will be a lot easier if I stick with gcc-4.3 for the first
attempt.  So, if BLFS-dev has to be suitable for LFS-6.5 then I am
ruled out of it until the autumn.

ĸen