Question about new contributers

Agathoklis D. Hatzimanikas a.hatzim at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 11:54:08 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, at 09:34 Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Randy McMurchy wrote these words on 07/16/09 09:06 CST:
> > Wayne Blaszczyk wrote:
> >> think that it would be disappointing if non-editor submissions would
> >> take weeks to merge/commit in if at all. I've also notice at least one
> >> other ticket where a patch was provided 6 months ago (libtasn1) and yet
> >> it still has not been committed.
> >
> > Interesting. I'll look into this one. Thanks for bringing it up.
>
> Without going into details, this ticket is owned by an editor and he
> has simply not followed up. I understand, however, as his time is very
> limited.

I see libtasn1 is on 2.2 and the version that is installed in my
machine still has 1.8 (the same that is on the patch attached in the
relevant ticket in track (#2664)), so I can't update the book since I
can't guarantee a blind update; truth is that I have no time to update
packages to newer versions, especially libraries.

Anyway I'll contribute to the ticket if needed, but I can't apply the
patch as I had the intention to do when I put the first comment
in there (I also had the major updates to GnuTLS and friends ready for
commit but libtasn1 was missing from the boot at the time). In any case,
I apologize.

I will re-assign to blfs-book.

Regards,
Agathoklis.