Bridge-Utils service script for the LFS Bootscripts

Nathan Coulson conathan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 12:50:43 PST 2009

At this time, bridge-utils is not in the blfs book, nor does it appear
to be on the agenda, but I thought I'd submit this just in case I was
wrong.

What this allows you to do, is to create a bridged network interface
[ex:/ br0].

cp bridge /etc/sysconfig/network-devices/services
mkdir /etc/sysconfig/network-devices/ifconfig.br0

echo > /etc/sysconfig/network-devices/ifconfig.br0/0_create << "EOF"
ONBOOT=yes
CHECK_LINK=no
SERVICE=bridge
INTERFACES=eth0 eth1
EOF

echo > /etc/sysconfig/network-devices/ifconfig.br0/10_ipv4 << "EOF"
ONBOOT=yes
SERVICE=ipv4-static
IP=192.168.2.50
PREFIX=24