Thunderbird

Duncan Baynes duncan.baynes at operand.com.au
Thu Dec 10 10:54:42 PST 2009

On 12/09/09 07:15, DJ Lucas wrote:
> On 12/08/2009 03:26 PM, Robert Xu wrote:
>
>> Hi, I'm pretty new here, and I just wanted to say Thunderbird was
>> released today (that's the reason i posted to this thread). Do you
>> have an exact date of when you'll update to thunderbird 3?
>>

> Absolutely, I do.  When I get to it. ;-)  Seriously, I do not have a
> date, but the FF instructions should work fine just substituting
> "--enable-application=mailnews,calendar" for
> "--enable-application=browser" (That might be 'mail,calendar', can't
> remember which way it changed as I'm looking at the FF mozconfig),
> adding "--enable-static", and commenting out the "--with-system-libxul"
> and "--with-libxul-sdk" lines.
>
> -- DJ Lucas

I just managed to successfully compile Thunderbird 3 against my LFS 6.5
system.

I did get three fatal build errors but nothing that couldn't be corrected.

I got around the errors by adding #include <stdio.h> to several files:

sed "31 a#include <stdio.h>" -i
mozilla/toolkit/crashreporter/google-breakpad/src/client/linux/handler/minidump_generator.cc

sed "31 a#include <stdio.h>" -i
mozilla/toolkit/crashreporter/google-breakpad/src/client/linux/handler/exception_handler.cc

sed "29 a#include <stdio.h>" -i
mozilla/toolkit/crashreporter/google-breakpad/src/common/linux/dump_symbols.cc

I'm not sure whether those 'patches' should be considered shifty hacks
or not but at least they allowed the build to complete!

You might also be able to avoid the problems altogether by disabling the
crashreporter altogether