Thunderbird

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Dec 7 21:58:14 PST 2009

On 12/07/2009 11:11 PM, Treah Blade wrote:
> The current version of thunderbird is 2.0.0.23 the one included in the
> blfs dev is 2.0.0.12 this is 11 revisions back and the current one
> includes many bug fixes and many security fixes. I understand that you
> need time to test new versions to make sure they work alright. The
> problem here is that 2.0.0.12 does not compile cleanly when you use
> the dev version of LFS and the dev version of BLFS. It fails to
> compile unless you apply a patch to fix a source file or use work
> arounds in the .mozconfig.  You may wanna update the version that is
> in the dev book.

Nor is 2.0.0.12+ usable in TWM (or probably anything other than a Gnome
environment).  We are pretty much stuck.  I think .11 provided correctly
sized dialogs when patched, but I'm not sure as it's been a while since
I messed with it.  Since the 3x betas are running great, I decided to
wait until the 3.0 release.

Note that you will not be able to build against a system XUL for
TB3...specifically problems with mozab, glue, and ldap.  Sorry, not
about to try and hack up XUL specifically for mozab because we'd be too
far out from upstream, nor do I honestly know how to pull in the needed
sub-projects.  I'm not exactly sure how this is going to pan out for OOo
address book integration as I haven't even began to look at OOo-3 yet.

-- DJ Lucas