Xorg Libraries

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Aug 31 19:34:39 PDT 2009

On 08/31/2009 07:40 PM, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> FYI
>
> http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2009-August/001822.html

Yes!  Perfect timing.  So Xorg-7.5 will be roughly what we have,
dropping legacy fonts (please), dropping a few more libs and protos (the
ones that support the severs that are no longer built by default),
bumping X11, inputproto, libXi, and xorg-server, and maybe a handful of
other minor updates.  I suppose that solves the naming convention....can
officially call what we have a 7.5-pre if we upgrade to
libX11-1.2.99.90x, xorg-server 1.6.99.90x, and the equivalent xinput and
proto.  Thanks for the heads up Dan.  Should we expect a Mesa-7.5.1 on
the horizon?

Oh, BTW, dropping bitmap fonts means GTK+-1.x will have to go for good
(assuming I'm correct in my assumption about the legacy fonts).  Is
anything still using it that doesn't have an alternative?  AFAIK, only
gnucash was the big holdup long ago, and that is long beyond a 2.x version.

-- DJ Lucas