lesstif

Guy Dalziel krendoshazin at dementedfury.org
Sun Aug 30 13:12:14 PDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 02:57:01PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> > I believe that Print.h comes with printproto.
>
> Where do we install that?  It's not in proto-7.4.md5.

It's available from
http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/individual/proto/, I must have
grabbed it and forgot to make a note of it. The solution will be for it
to be added to the proto wget list.

> > We discussed this with Matthew a little while ago. As Dan said, the only
> > thing that compiling lesstif into Mesa does is allow the use Motif
> > widgets within Mesa, and in the wild there isn't a lot of use for it.
> > It's far easier to just compile lesstif after doing your X windows
> > system than to do it before it. However, this is still open to debate.
>
> The above is reasonable.  The only point is that it is not documented that way.

That's a good point. I'm sure I can come up with something to explain
it, perhaps the wiki can contain the information about compiling it before
X.