Recommended Dependencies

Guy Dalziel krendoshazin at dementedfury.org
Sat Aug 29 08:24:09 PDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 10:20:14AM -0500, William Immendorf wrote:
> But I think OpenSSL is a essential requirment for any Linux system,
> mainly do to it allowing security into the system.

That doesn't make it a requirement of this package. Compiling in the
ability to use HTTPS has nothing to do with security on the system, and
it is not up to us to tell a user how they should compile their system.
If they have OpenSSL installed then Links will automatically pick it up,
but if not then it's not for us to force them to install it.