Recommended Dependencies

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Aug 29 07:53:11 PDT 2009

Randy McMurchy wrote these words on 08/29/09 08:39 CST:
> I will go through the book today and find all packages that have
> recommended dependencies and evaluate them. If they are not identified
> why it is recommended, I'll reply to this post. This needs to be
> cleaned up, I'll start the process.

I grepped the book for 'bridgehead renderas="sect4">Recommended'

It shows 80 packages have recommended dependencies. The first two on
the list (which is alphabetical) are libsoup and libproxy. These packages
don't need recommended dependencies.

Either 1) Change the 'Recommended' to Required' with the same note. There
is precedence for having more than one "Required' section. Or 2) move the
dependencies back to 'Optional' with the note.

We don't need to recommend a dependency, when a few simple words in
parenthesis can identify to the reader that the dependency is required
if (whatever reason).

--
Randy

09:47:01 up 41 min, 1 user, load average: 0.08, 0.15, 0.26