Recommended Dependencies

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Aug 29 06:39:06 PDT 2009

Hi all,

This is a note to the Dev's, and FYI for everyone else. I've noticed
this more and more lately that y'all are listing dependencies as
recommended, with no explanation or clue as to why.

I've mentioned this before in a couple of posts over in -book and
was ignored. I think it is important that the reader know why we
think it should be recommended. And for sure *all* devs should know.

I noticed NSS has sqlite listed as recommended without any text
explanation.

I will go through the book today and find all packages that have
recommended dependencies and evaluate them. If they are not identified
why it is recommended, I'll reply to this post. This needs to be
cleaned up, I'll start the process.

--
Randy