xulrunner and LFS6.5

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Aug 28 23:39:37 PDT 2009

Wayne Blaszczyk wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a problem with building xulrunner after upgrading to LFS 6.5 with
> the following error:
> /sources/mozilla/toolkit/xre/nsAppRunner.cpp:1462:6: error: #elif with
> no expression
>
> It looks like XP_UNIX is not being defined.
> Has anyone come across this problem or would know what it could be.
> Thanks,
> Wayne.

Which version of XUL?  Looks like FF-3.0.  I don't recall that specific
error.  IIRC, that was a legit bug in an earlier release...before 3.0, a
stray elif with no argument, (can still see it in TB-2.0.0.23) but that
is obviously not what you are seeing.  My current build scripts for
1.9.1.2 do not have the sed.  Looking at the current version (FF-3.5.2)
there is no elif on line 1462.  My build script, patch, and mozconfig
file are in my homedir for the current version (which do not use
system-nss/nspr just yet, so the version/instructions in BLFS will be
changing within the next day or two).  feel free to hack up the
mozconfig and script to use system-nss/nspr...should hopefully be real
easy.  I'll find out in about 30 minutes.  Anyway, current files:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~dj/

HTH

-- DJ Lucas