Absence

Guy Dalziel krendoshazin at dementedfury.org
Fri Aug 28 09:40:52 PDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 12:48:34PM +0100, Guy Dalziel wrote:
> I'll be gone for a little while as I attempt to repair my desktop, I
> believe I'll need a new motherboard.

My new CPU will be a quad core Intel Core i7, this CPU is - as far as I
can tell - 64-bit. I'm sure I can build a 32-bit system on it, so
hopefully it won't cause any problems as far as editing is concerned. At
the same time I'd be interested to see how things compile and perform
under 64-bit, so I'll probably make that my pet project. The motherborad
arrived today (ordered yesterday), but the rest is yet to turn up. I
shouldn't have to wait much longer.