GConf typo

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Aug 24 00:25:52 PDT 2009

On 08/24/2009 01:02 AM, Wayne Blaszczyk wrote:

> DJ Lucas wrote:
>
>> On 08/23/2009 05:39 PM, Wayne Blaszczyk wrote:
>>
>>> 2.26.2 is the latest version of GConf.
>>>

>> Yes, however as William already mentioned, this should be in the
>> location of the Gnome release version configuration files, not the
>> individual package version (not that it would matter if not for
>> separating the configurations for multiple versions of Gnome).
>>
> <snipped\>
> Sorry, I see what you mean now. Will look at it at the next commit
> unless you get to it first.
> I'm glad to see it's working for you. I haven't had the chance to fully
> test it yet. i.e. run it under normal daily use.
> I'm curious if you are using GDM or not as I still have a slight issue
> with it, but have not had a chance to look at it closely.

No, but I have a feeling that it is the 'gconf-sanity-check-2 exited
with status 256'.  I figured it was just a local issue that wasn't
accounted for when I switched the paths, but it's all over the net.
Turns out the install target is slightly broken.  Fix the configure
script and makefile, or take the easy way out and append to the gconf
instructions (as the root user):

install -v -d -m755 /etc/gnome/2.26.3/gconf/gconf.xml.system &&
sed -e 's@/etc/gconf@/etc/gnome/2.26.3/gconf@' \
    -i /etc/gnome/2.26.3/gconf/2/path

-- DJ Lucas