Xorg-server-1.6

Trent Shea trent.shea at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 17:50:59 PDT 2009

On Tuesday 11 August 2009 05:49:34 Guy Dalziel wrote:
> Pretty good so far, it's far more stable than any other version I've
> tried.

I don't really have much to add to this thread, just a success story.

I've been building X using the latest released Xorg tarballs for a
number of months now. I've regularly built KDE4 and haven't run into any
trouble.

My driver/hardware testing is pretty limited; I only build two drivers:
xf86-video-intel and xf86-input-evdev, and only on this machine.

I believe that the gnome-keyring equivalent is kwallet and it's
installed with kde-utils. I'm hoping to give it a try this week.

I hope to contribute to the KDE4 work later this month, for now all I
can provide is a list of what I have built for my system, similar to
what Ken's provided to the list in the past, if anyone is interested I
can post it to the list or send it off list.

Regards,
Trent.