KDE4 [Re: Xorg-server-1.6]

Thomas Trepl thomas at equinox.homelinux.org
Wed Aug 12 11:43:37 PDT 2009

On Tuesday 11 August 2009 03:30:48 DJ Lucas wrote:
> BTW, does anybody have a goal or plans in mind for KDE-4?  If so, I'll
> need to do that too (specifically to test the KDE equivalent of
> gnome-keyring, who's name slips my mind ATM).
> http://cblfs.cross-lfs.org/index.php/KDE4 will probably be my focus on
> that unless somebody gets real busy real fast. ;-)
Well I'm fooling around with KDE4 (4.3.0) at the moment. Its quite nice and
has one or two additional packages as the cblfs shows (they are a small bit
behind, as they have 4.2.3, there is a 4.2.4 and now the 4.3.0)
See the script attached with which i built the currently running KDE4. Its
really not perfect and it referes to another script namend "blfs.sh" - assume
that this script makes nothing else as build the package it gets by parameter.

> Assuming so, then what
> would happen WRT KDE-3.x?  I'll be sure to build in the optional prefixes
> regardless.
WRT? What does that mean?  I think KDE should be kept for a while because the
last version (3.5.10) is rock solid and stable. This level KDE4 hasn't reached
yet but it is on a good way.

--
Thomas