Xorg-server-1.6

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Aug 10 18:30:48 PDT 2009

Guy, how is that combination of Mesa-7.5 and xorg-server-1.6 working out
for you?  Are you pretty confident in it?  After minimal review, following
on the two distros' examples, I'm thinking we should move to 1.6. If so,
since we do not have a 'blessed' release tree, I'm simply going to review
Ubuntu-9.04 and Fedora-11 to see what they are doing for driver versions,
and install everything (that is for x86 arch).  For testing, I only have
at my disposal, a few generations of ATI (Radeon 7500, Radeon x600, Radeon
3350 (onboard)), and something i810(ish).  Sorry, no Nvidia stuff ATM (I'm
just not a fan), but at least you and Bruce have nv, maybe others.  Anyone
else have opinions?  Getting ready to follow on Wayne's heels for Gnome so
that I can get the Moz stuff done up...might as well get Xorg done up too.

BTW, does anybody have a goal or plans in mind for KDE-4?  If so, I'll
need to do that too (specifically to test the KDE equivalent of
gnome-keyring, who's name slips my mind ATM).
http://cblfs.cross-lfs.org/index.php/KDE4 will probably be my focus on
that unless somebody gets real busy real fast. ;-)  Assuming so, then what
would happen WRT KDE-3.x?  I'll be sure to build in the optional prefixes
regardless.

-- DJ Lucas