option vs parameter

Guy Dalziel krendoshazin at dementedfury.org
Wed Aug 5 10:05:03 PDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 11:48:19AM -0500, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Additionally, because we've set a standard
> and been using it for many years, I suggest we maintain status quo.

I've noticed that a lot of the pages don't make proper use of the
different tags. I'm suggesting it now partly because these will need to
be corrected anyway, and if people were to start using the optional tag
rather than doing one big mass conversion i think it would be quite
easy. However, now there is a slight problem: I grepped the book for any
uses of optional and I found Xpdf. Looking at the page on the site it
seems that optional renders exactly the same as option. That would
probably have to be addressed if we were to use it.