GConf and dbus question

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 09:28:25 PDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 6:30 AM, Randy
McMurchy<randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> Wayne Blaszczyk wrote these words on 08/02/09 00:04 CST:
>> Hi,
>> I've noticed that the GConf installation places the
>> org.gnome.GConf.Defaults.conf file into
>> /etc/gnome/<version>/dbus-1/system.d. I don't know enough on how dbus
>> works, but I presume it needs to go into /etc/dbus-1/system.d. Is this
>> correct? If so, should it be copied, moved, symlinked, or should
>> /etc/dbus-1/system.d be symlinked into
>> /etc/gnome/<version>/dbus-1/system.d before the install? Any advise?
>
> It seems I remember that you can put something in the dbus configuration
> file that identifies other locations for system.d info. I don't have a
> machine handy that has d-bus installed, but if you man d-bus or dbus.conf
> you should be able to find it.

You can add an <includedir> directive in the busconfig xml. Since the
default dbus system.conf includes system-local.conf, you can add a
section like this:

cat > /etc/dbus-1/system-local.conf << "EOF"
<busconfig>
</busconfig>
EOF

Of, course, you'd have to be careful about wrecking someone's existing
system-local.conf.

--
Dan