Ghostscript Nitpicks

Guy Dalziel krendoshazin at dementedfury.org
Sun Aug 2 06:30:52 PDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 02, 2009 at 08:23:57AM -0500, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Who is "we"? We try not to use this is the book unless it is something
> the editors recommend personally. In a technical environment "we" should
> be avoided if possible. How about just removing the "then we must first"?

That's just a force of habit from the way I speak. I accidentally used
we before but corrected it before I submitted it. I shall correct it.

> 2. "GPL Ghostscript provides many different scripts used to render
> PostScript/PDF files back and forth."
>
> This may have been in one of the Ghostscript packages already, but it
> sounds funny. Can we substitute something else for "back and forth". I
> can't really think of anything offhand right now, as I'm not sure what
> it really means.

Well, I was actually going to write a description for each
program/script, but I decided that may be a bit too much. I also decided
that I didn't want to mess with text that nobody had a problem with. But
if it has to be changed then I'm sure I can think of something.