The time has come

Agathoklis D. Hatzimanikas a.hatzim at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 12:57:44 PDT 2009

On Sat, Apr 25, at 10:00 Dan Nicholson wrote:
> Hi everyone,

Hi Dan,

It's little bit difficult to me to find the right words and to speak
about you ...
anyway we have a quite expressive word down here (Χαρμολύπη - that I can't
find the definition in English, I don't think there is a single english
word for this) which describes a situation when someone is really happy
and really sad at the same time, just like a crossroads of feelings.

And that is how I feel right now.

I am happy about you and your progress, and I am sad because of the
missing opportunities for LFS, and of course I am also sad because
we don't have the daily touch that we used to have.

For me you was (first of all) a friend, an excellent companion in this
long and choppy journey (through LFS projects), but most of all
an excellent developer; a bright paradigm to be copied for all the FOSS
world. (It looks some guys in Xorg are not blind)
I am not be ashamed to say, how many lessons I've learned from you, all
those years, although you are more than a decade younger than me.

The Open Source World is smaller than it looks to be, so I know we will
meet again on another forum. Until then, I am wishing to have the strength
to make your dreams true.

Regards,
Agathoklis.

P.S.
And... though that doesn't depend from you, I am wishing you also a
championship. (No kidding, you've found your man - Rose is great - I can't
believe how lucky you were in the last year's drafts. Now, what you have to
do is to find a big man and you are set for the next years to come - I don't
think you will make it this year with Boston, even without Garnett, but
good luck anyway):)