mysql

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 15:42:20 PDT 2009

I've been examining mysql-5.1.34 using the current instructions.

The patch currently specified is incorporated in the code and is no longer
necessary.

I have run into one problem.  One test fails.

There are actually two sections to the tests.  The first:

cd mysql-test ; \
   /usr/bin/perl ./mysql-test-run.pl --force  --mysqld=--binlog-format=mixed

gives:

The servers were restarted 223 times
Spent 627.307 of 932 seconds executing testcases

All 561 tests were successful.
==========
The second:

cd mysql-test ; \
    /usr/bin/perl ./mysql-test-run.pl --force  --ps-protocol \
      --mysqld=--binlog-format=row

gives:

The servers were restarted 243 times
Spent 854.845 of 1189 seconds executing testcases

Failed 1/579 tests, 99.83% were successful.

Failing test(s): rpl.rpl_timezone
==========

The failure is
  select * from t1;
  date a
  2008-12-23 20:39:39 1
-2008-12-23 19:39:39 2
  DROP TABLE t1;
  select * from t1 order by a;
  date a
  2008-12-23 20:39:39 1
-2008-12-23 19:39:39 2
  DROP TABLE t1;
  SET @@session.time_zone = default;
  End of 5.0 tests

I don't think that this is a huge deal, but I'm curious about the error and want
to get other opinions.

The base system is LFS 6.4 with /etc/localtime set to the default value (GMT, no
Daylight savings time).