libQtUiTools.so [ was Re: static libraries ]

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Apr 17 14:24:32 PDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 10:15:37PM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 08:38:11PM +0100, Martin Ward wrote:
> > i didn't seem to have any problems but i used qt 4.5, and am running now
> > from a kde 4.2.1 desktop. But i did use a few patches from arch/red-hat
> > but akondai still doesn't work correctly for me, i suspect it was me
> > using -DCMAKE_SKIP_RPATH=ON, which might have caused the issue.
> >
>  Interesting, but I'm sufficiently aggravated by the build process
> for kde4 to not look at the detail, at least for now.

 Came to the point where there was nothing else to do on this system
(it's disposable), so I took another look.  I won't repeat my
earlier comments on cmake, although if pressed I'll extend the
swearing ( the 'debug' option doesn't play with a separate build
directory ) but strace has pointed out the problem - with the patch
for shared libQtUiTools I didn't have a .so symlink, only .so.4 and
the actualy .so.4.4.3 file.

ĸen