libQtUiTools.so [ was Re: static libraries ]
macros_the_black at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 17 09:18:48 PDT 2009
Trent Shea wrote:
> On Thursday 16 April 2009 13:38:11 Martin Ward wrote:
>> i didn't seem to have any problems but i used qt 4.5, and am running now
>> from a kde 4.2.1 desktop. But i did use a few patches from arch/red-hat
>> but akondai still doesn't work correctly for me, i suspect it was me
>> using -DCMAKE_SKIP_RPATH=ON, which might have caused the issue.
> I had a bit of trouble getting akonadi running. I'm not sure about the RPATH
> variable, but listed below are the steps I followed.
> --prefix=/usr --with-xml=expat
> --prefix=/usr --libexecdir=/usr/sbin --with-embedded-server --with-ssl --
> cd /usr/lib
> ln -sv mysql/* ./
> <added the users to the system as per blfs as well>
> qt-4.5.0 (just confirm MySQL support ....... plugin, I'm not sure if dbus is
> required here, but I have it...)
> -prefix /opt/qt-4.5.0
> The last thing I had to do was configure akonadi to use mysqld.
> Find your way to the akonadi configuration and confirm "Use internal MySQL
> server" is checked, and "MySQL server executable" points somewhere
> (/usr/sbin/mysqld for me.)
> Then click the test button. You'll probably still get a few log errors, but it
> shouldn't stop you.
> To get to the akonadi configuration:
> Run akonadiconsole and then from the server menu, configure server.
> "akonadi configuration" from krunner
> you can get to it from the akonadi tray utility.
> Anyhow, a little off topic, but I wasted a chunk of time getting this sorted
> out, hopefully it's not the RPATH variable! ;).
thanks, it finds mysql ok , but i think it's a dbus problem rather than
anything else, according to the errors when it starts but that is
strange as every thing else works ok, and has worked before in other
More information about the blfs-dev