libQtUiTools.so [ was Re: static libraries ]

Trent Shea trent.shea at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 09:04:41 PDT 2009


On Thursday 16 April 2009 13:38:11 Martin Ward wrote:
> i didn't seem to have any problems but i used qt 4.5, and am running now
> from a kde 4.2.1 desktop. But i did use a few patches from arch/red-hat
> but akondai still doesn't work correctly for me, i suspect it was me
> using -DCMAKE_SKIP_RPATH=ON, which might have caused the issue.

I had a bit of trouble getting akonadi running. I'm not sure about the RPATH 
variable, but listed below are the steps I followed.


dbus-1.2.12
  --prefix=/usr --with-xml=expat

mysql-5.1.33
  --prefix=/usr --libexecdir=/usr/sbin --with-embedded-server --with-ssl --
with-plugins=innobase
 cd /usr/lib
 ln -sv mysql/* ./

<added the users to the system as per blfs as well>

qt-4.5.0 (just confirm MySQL support ....... plugin, I'm not sure if dbus is 
required here, but I have it...)
 -prefix /opt/qt-4.5.0


The last thing I had to do was configure akonadi to use mysqld.
Find your way to the akonadi configuration and confirm "Use internal MySQL 
server" is checked, and "MySQL server executable" points somewhere 
(/usr/sbin/mysqld for me.)

Then click the test button. You'll probably still get a few log errors, but it 
shouldn't stop you.

Note:
To get to the akonadi configuration:
Run akonadiconsole and then from the server menu, configure server.
or,
"akonadi configuration" from krunner
or,
you can get to it from the akonadi tray utility.

Anyhow, a little off topic, but I wasted a chunk of time getting this sorted 
out, hopefully it's not the RPATH variable! ;).


Trent.



More information about the blfs-dev mailing list