BLFS-6.3

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed May 28 23:59:59 PDT 2008

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote these words on 05/28/08 23:59 CST:

> Or maybe not, because such advisories against SAMBA are regular, and the next
> advisory after the release will have the same effect anyway. IMHO, the real
> problem is that BLFS doesn't have the errata page.

Sigh...

You have been extremely negative recently. I've always been open to
your suggestions Alexander, but recently you've commented on things
where you're speculating and/or conjecturing and they simply aren't
correct. If there's something you'd like to see or if perhaps I've
overlooked something I'd said would get done, but didn't, you need
to speak up, or enter Trac bugs.

What do you mean we don't have an 'errata page'? It may not have
anything on it, but it is there! Oh wait a minute, it appears I
neglected to set up this page when I cut the rc2 release (note the
rc1 release had one). It's there now.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/6.3-rc2/preface/errata.html

takes you here:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/errata/6.3-rc2/

If there's something to add, we add it when we are notified about
it. It's not that hard. In fact, if you don't have svn write priv
to the website, then I'll see that you do (though a cursory exam
of quantum's /etc/group reveals you do).

Help us out here, Alexander. If you haven't the time to actually
perform fixes, but you can jot down some issues that we need to
take care of, then write a quick message to -dev. Your input has
always been valuable.

--
Randy

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.22] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
01:40:00 up 101 days, 16:28, 1 user, load average: 0.03, 0.07, 0.03