BLFS-6.3

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 28 11:52:47 PDT 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 11:14 AM, Juergen Beisert
<juergen at kreuzholzen.de> wrote:

> How "--enable-final" works:
> "It's just another way of compiling (it cats all the source and headers into
> one file and compiles that (hence the .all_cpp file in the error)). Usually
> it compiles a bit faster."

FWIW, the kdebindings page has commands to undo this because it had
the exact opposite effect: concatenating all the sources made the
build much, much slower. This was due to a bug in g++. I don't know if
the GCC used for 6.3 has this fixed or not. I'd have to dig up the
emails.

--
Dan