BLFS-6.3

Juergen Beisert juergen at kreuzholzen.de
Wed May 28 11:14:25 PDT 2008

Randy,

On Wednesday 28 May 2008 16:14, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> I can't remember (and I didn't take good notes) anything else that
> was mentioned other than the Xorg deprecated stuff and the Shadow
> typo (and DJ fixed both) that would prevent us from releasing 6.3.
>
> The KDE thing reported in -support apparently is not an issue as
> it was caused from deviating from the book's commands.

But the user should be warned. "--enable-final" gives some optimisation one
would like to use. From the kde-pim maillist:
"This speeds up build times and tends to produce slightly more optimised
code. It *should* work for all KDE packages, and as has been pointed out
[...]"

There is also a fix present for this failure in kde-pim. Again from the
kde-pim maillist:
"[...], the fault you came across has already been fixed in the KDE SVN
repository."

How "--enable-final" works:
"It's just another way of compiling (it cats all the source and headers into
one file and compiles that (hence the .all_cpp file in the error)). Usually
it compiles a bit faster."

Juergen