Akode and ffmpeg

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 14 20:49:07 PDT 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 7:54 AM, Robert Daniels
<rdaniels at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> Now another question:  I'm not familiar with working with branches, and
> that's not something I saw covered in the editor's guide.  I figure I
> go ahead and commit to trunk, but how do I go about getting this merged
> to the 6.3 branch?  Do I need a separate checkout and commit
> separately, or something else?

You can either have another shallow checkout of
svn://.../BLFS/branches/6.3, or just one huge checkout of
svn://.../BLFS that has all the branches, tags and trunk. Applying
individual commits in svn is sortof a PITA, but here's a little
workflow that works for me:

# trunk is in blfs, 6.3 is in blfs-6.3
$ cd blfs-6.3
# find the commit I want from trunk
$ svn log --limit 10 ../blfs
# apply the commit
$ svn merge -c <revnum> ../blfs
# or just print out the diff to a file and apply it as a patch
$ svn diff -c <revnum> ../blfs > t.diff
$ patch -p1 -i t.diff

This assumes that you have the same depth of the checkout. I.e., when
you're in blfs or blfs-6.3, you see "BOOK auxfiles...".

--
Dan