Akode and ffmpeg

Robert Daniels rdaniels at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed May 14 07:54:38 PDT 2008

On Wednesday 14 May 2008 08:29:36 Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Robert Daniels wrote these words on 05/14/08 02:08 CST:
> > So, do we want to make use of this patch, or do we want to disable
> > ffmpeg support by default by adding --without-ffmpeg to the
> > configure? Especially considering the feature is experimental
> > anyway.
>
> I think disabling FFmpeg support is best. You may want to add
> something to the "command explanations" section about the switch and
> include a sentence showing the URL of the "untested" patch that
> enables the support.

I was having similar thoughts, I just wanted to run it by the list
first.

Now another question:  I'm not familiar with working with branches, and
that's not something I saw covered in the editor's guide.  I figure I
go ahead and commit to trunk, but how do I go about getting this merged
to the 6.3 branch?  Do I need a separate checkout and commit
separately, or something else?

--
Robert Daniels