Akode and ffmpeg

Robert Daniels rdaniels at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed May 14 00:08:20 PDT 2008

My classes for the semester are wrapping up, so I'm hoping to have some
time to devote to development for a while.  It's been too long.

Anyway, doing some test building, I rediscovered that akode doesn't
build against the book's ffmpeg.  The ffmpeg support is supposed to be
experimental, but is enabled by default if ffmpeg is found.  This was
brought up before, but I'd forgotten about it when I did the update.

There was a patch uploaded at
http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/blfs-dev/2007-October/017837.html
that allows akode to build.  I have confirmed that the build does indeed
succeed with the patch, but I am unsure how to go about testing
functionality.

So, do we want to make use of this patch, or do we want to disable
ffmpeg support by default by adding --without-ffmpeg to the configure?
Especially considering the feature is experimental anyway.

Also, the dependency link to ffmpeg from akode is broken, I'll get that
changed to point at the book's page when I know how to deal with the
above issue.

--
Robert Daniels