BLFS-6.3-rc1 has been released!

Ag. D. Hatzimanikas a.hatzim at gmail.com
Mon May 12 11:37:03 PDT 2008

On Mon, May 12, at 11:24 Randy McMurchy wrote:
> The BLFS Development team is pleased to announce the release of the
> 6.3-rc1 version of BLFS. This is a release candidate of the 6.3 version,
> due to be released on May 25th. For additional information about the
> release, along with download and format options, see
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/6.3-release_notes.html

Great, thanks.

Now, a patch need to be applied to rxvt-unicode, to fix a vulnerability
that affects most of the terminal emulators (I am not sure about xterm - I
think not).

See:

CVE: http://nvd.nist.gov/nvd.cfm?cvename=CVE-2008-1142
Patch:
http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/x11-terms/rxvt-unicode/files/rxvt-unicode-9.02-CVE-2008-1142-DISPLAY.patch?rev=1.1&view=markup

Again for rxvt-unicode, we also need to fix the download link to point
to Anduin, since eventually (at the arrival of a new release) the author
will move the current 9.02 to the attic subdirectory and won't be
available.

--
http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/wiki/Hacking