make pdf fails

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sun May 11 08:46:23 PDT 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 12:27 PM, Thomas Trepl
<thomas at equinox.homelinux.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> when i do a "make pdf" i get
> <copy>
> bash-3.2$ make pdf
> Validating the book...
> Generating FO file...
> warning: failed to load external entity "tmp/blfs-pdf.xml"
> unable to parse tmp/blfs-pdf.xml
> make: *** [tmp/blfs-pdf.fo] Fehler 6
> bash-3.2$
> </copy>
>
> I found that in section $(RENDERTMP)/blfs-pdf.fo the xsltproc command should
> read as
>        $(Q)xsltproc --nonet -stringparam rootid "$(ROOT_ID)" \
>          --output $(RENDERTMP)/blfs-pdf.fo stylesheets/blfs-pdf.xsl \
>          $(RENDERTMP)/blfs-full.xml
> instead of
>        $(Q)xsltproc --nonet -stringparam rootid "$(ROOT_ID)" \
>          --output $(RENDERTMP)/blfs-pdf.fo stylesheets/blfs-pdf.xsl \
>          $(RENDERTMP)/blfs-pdf.xml
>
> When doing that, the whole section "$(RENDERTMP)/blfs-pdf.xml:" becomes
> obsolete.
>
> Did I miss something? Can someone verify this?

I tested this now, and I we were just skipping the crucial step of
generating blfs-pdf.xml because of some incorrect make prereqs. I'm
pretty sure we don't want to skip that step since it applies all the
profile conditions for pdf.

Can you update and try again? I think I fixed the problem. I tested
everything except actually running fop since I don't have it and it
works now.

--
Dan