make pdf fails

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat May 10 16:14:58 PDT 2008

Thomas Trepl wrote these words on 05/08/08 14:27 CST:

> when i do a "make pdf" i get
> <copy>
> bash-3.2$ make pdf
> Validating the book...
> Generating FO file...
> warning: failed to load external entity "tmp/blfs-pdf.xml"
> unable to parse tmp/blfs-pdf.xml
> make: *** [tmp/blfs-pdf.fo] Fehler 6
> bash-3.2$
> </copy>

Me too  :-(

I have my own scripts that validate and create HTML/PDF so I never
use the Makefile. But I remember your message so I tried it out.

It must be a regression introduced in the last change to the Makefile.
Trac logs show Dan committed a change a month ago and it is directly
related to the rendertmp stuff which is failing.

At least it *appears* that way. I could be mistaken. I highly doubt,
however, that Manuel left us with Makefiles that don't work.

Not sure what to do. I'll look at it some.

I just wish changes like this would be tested. If someone changes
the Makefile, it should be that all functions of the Makefile should
be tested before a change is made.

But sh*t happens, so no big deal. We fix it and move on.

--
Randy

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.22] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
18:09:00 up 83 days, 8:57, 1 user, load average: 1.05, 0.91, 0.51