BLFS release (?)

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu May 8 23:27:31 PDT 2008

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> DJ Lucas wrote:
>> The real problem with it is, if we keep holding for every version
>> increment, we'll never get 6.3 out the door.
>
> And do we really need to get 6.3 out of the door? Essentially, without an errata
> page, without the team tracking security issues and bugs, it will be just a
> snapshot, not a proper distro release. Maybe versionless BLFS (i.e., "always use
> svn") is the way to go?

Personally, I never use a released BLFS book. I can understand why some
feel it is necessary or important, but for me, by the time it is
released, it always feels so dated. Not a fault on any of the devs part,
just a nature of the current setup, I think.

Anyway, this isn't really a vote, whichever way the current BLFS devs
want to do it is fine. I just think that there might be some advantages
to a versionless book worthy of consideration.

--
JH