BLFS release

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu May 8 15:25:49 PDT 2008

Jeremy Huntwork wrote these words on 05/08/08 17:15 CST:

> There's got to be a way to do this automagically. Either via a cron job
> or a post-commit hook. If you want, I can look into it for you.

Probably for 95% of the packages, it could be done. A simple comparison
of book versus repo, and use the (some entity or variable or whatever)
download location to fetch it up and sync.

But for the other 5%, the URL's change, or naming changes, or paths
change, or (so forth and so on).

But, yes, if you want to work on that as a project that would be fun,
please do. This Anduin repo thing has always been a headache, but
I'm grateful to Bruce that we have the server, as having it much
outweighs the headache of keeping up with the repo.

Thanks for offering to help out, Jeremy. :-)

--
Randy

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.22] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
17:22:00 up 81 days, 8:10, 1 user, load average: 0.06, 0.23, 0.22