[BLFS Trac] #2518: Xorg-7.2 libXfont

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat May 3 12:56:22 PDT 2008

BLFS Trac wrote:
> #2518: Xorg-7.2 libXfont
> ----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
>  Reporter:  randy at linuxfromscratch.org  |        Owner:  dnicholson at linuxfromscratch.org
>      Type:  task                        |       Status:  assigned
> Comment (by dnicholson at linuxfromscratch.org):
>
>  Are you sure we want to push this off to the future? It's inevitable that
>  someone will use freetype-2.3.5, and when they do, some components can no
>  longer build with libXfont-1.2.8. I think we need to address this with one
>  of the solutions I outlined above for 6.3.

No, I'm not sure.  It won't hurt anything AFAICT, but there is no
technical reason to do so other than to assist those who deviate from
the book.  But if I correctly understood the discussion on dev (with the
same Subject) the other day, then we didn't want to muck about with it
too much without a full test.  I'm not even sure why I changed it.  I
later dug up the correct link regarding lbxproxy and opened that for
6.3, also against the decision in that (this?  let's see how it threads)
discussion.  I'm putting it back to 6.3 target.  I'm working on a full,
by the book, build now, short of the proposed changes (already done
here).  If anybody sees otherwise, please say so and we'll hold it, but
I think this change should go in now, along with the two others that are
slotted for 6.3 regarding X.org.  Let's get these done and cut a 6.3
branch ASAP.  The first two are only changes in the wget and md5 files.
The other is really only textual concerning the items in 'replaceable'
tags, and I am working on that right now.  Only things left after that
are xine-libs textual change, and then what to do about rsync?
Well...another bug was just opened, and it's a good suggestion, again a
textual change, but it could wait for future.

-- DJ Lucas

-- DJ Lucas