X.Org scripted installation / Proprietary ATI driver

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jun 18 17:04:36 PDT 2008

DJ Lucas wrote:
> Perhaps this text is easier to understand and explains the purpose a
> little better:
> ====
> Additionally, because of the large number of repetitive commands, you
> are encouraged to partially automate the build.  The commands below (or
> similar) can be entered at the command line to compile each group of
> packages (proto, libs, apps, drivers).  The wiki links on each group's
> page contain specific commands to compile the entire group of packages,
> based on the content of the wget files.
No responses... I'm putting this into 6.3 and trunk.  I'm also in the
process of a very cut down X installation and will add libXdmcp to
required deps for Libs (libX11).  Additionally, after review, I'm going
to add the extra path depth to the patch commands on the Libs page.

Any objections to any of the above?

-- DJ Lucas